- Screenagers: Growing Up in the Digital Age (October 2017)
- 2nd Annual Auction Fundraiser (March 2017)
- Cupid Cuties Valentine’s Dance (February 2018)
- 3rd Annual Auction Fundraiser (March 2018)
- Responsive Home Workshop (April 2018)
Screenagers: Growing Up in the Digital Age
The Willow Foundation partnered with both the Friends School of Atlanta and the Emory University Center for Ethics to present Screenagers, a documentary revealing how screen time impacts children’s development, and offers solutions on how adults can empower children to best navigate the digital world and find balance. Attendees also participated in a question and answer session with a panel of local doctors, counselors, and educators, including:
- Hogai G. Nassery, M.D., Deputy Medical Director, Fulton County Board of Health
- Laura Ross, Five Forks Middle School Counselor
- Brent Henderson, Gwinnett County Public Schools Coordinator of Counseling and Academy Support
- Andrew Godfrey, M.D. Pediatrician with Dekalb Pediatric Center
- Hope Black, Assistant Principal, Shiloh High School
- Caitlin McMunn Dooley, Deputy Superintendent for Teaching & Learning, Georgia’s Department of Education
- Jonathan Cohen, Assistant Professor, Learning Technologies Division, College of Education & Human Development, Georgia State University
- Jennifer Wardell Smith, The Friends School of Atlanta STEAM and Innovation Lab
- Mitch Green, Principal Henderson Mill Elementary School
2nd Annual Action Fundraiser
The 2nd Annual Willow Foundation Fundraiser was held on March 4, 2017 at the Lake House at Avondale Estates.
Cupid Cuties Valentine’s Dance
The Willow Foundation sponsored a family dance on February 10, 2018 hosted by the Willow School teachers.
3rd Annual Action Fundraiser
The 3rd Annual Willow Foundation Fundraiser was held on March 10, 2018 at the Lake House at Avondale Estates.
Responsive Home Workshop
The Willow Foundation and The Friends School of Atlanta co-sponsored a free Responsive Home Workshop on April 16, 2018.
Responsive Home helps build cooperative, engaging, and joyful homes. Led by consultant Amy Kelly, this workshop offered practices and strategies that parents and families can use at home to build social and emotional competences and positive relationships.
Find more information on Responsive Home at http://responsivehome.org/.